Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"Mommy...Pottyseat!"

After a week at Grammy's to help get him past his fear of the toilet and several weeks in pull ups, we took a chance and put big boy underwear on Brant yesterday. By early afternoon he had one success and one "learning experience." When you do not sit on the potty, your legs get wet.


At the end of the day the overall success was not terrible. Better than I thought it would go, not as good as I'd hoped. I've heard some talk about how their children just brought them underwear and said they didn't want to wear diapers any more. Ahh...how nice that would be. But my children would never think of doing things the easy way!


We woke up this morning and as I slowly put his underwear on him, I thought, "Do I really want to do this. It's so much easier to just change a diaper." I followed through and to much surprise he stayed dry all morning! We even put pants on today! Dare I say it...Could it be this easy? I'm so proud of him!

1 comment:

Sara said...

I just had to laugh. I'm sure he didn't like the wet legs!


Our Family

Breanna: Our Princess

Brant: Our Entertainer